Outsourced CMO Services • CMO Outsourcing • Outsource CMOOutsourced CMO services tailored to your needs CMO Consultation
Outsourced CMO Services
Make Your Vision a Reality
Every business owner has a vision for their business, a pinnacle they wish to reach and goals they ultimately want to accomplish. Achieving these accomplishments usually requires the outsourced expertise of a CPA or attorney. Astute Groups’ Outsourced CMO Services provide that caliber of marketing expertise to achieve your vision.
An Astute Outsourced CMO will hit the ground running and instantly add strategic marketing expertise and leadership to accelerate profitable growth. We tailor our Outsourced Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) services to align with your business and its goals. To make the most of your marketing with strategic planning and tactical implementation of full-circle marketing programs. An Astute Outsourced CMO will also optimize your marketing resources by implementing the right technology, developing efficient processes, coaching and development, to achieve your goals and greatly improve marketing ROI.
Get the benefits of a Chief Marketing Officer (CMO), for a fraction of the cost
Custom tailored CMO engagements designed to fit your needs and achieve your goals
Offload the complexities of marketing to an expert for profitable sustained growth
Expand with a new and unbiased perspective from a 3rd party expert
Get Optimal Implementation from an Outsourced CMO
Rely on the executive marketing expertise of an Outsourced CMO for optimal implementation of marketing strategies. Your CMO will provide proven tactics, scalable resources, and agile practices to gain a strong competitive advantage. We keep that advantage by driving continuous improvement for sustainable growth.
An Outsourced CMO from Astute Group brings years of experience, deep insight, and strong business acumen to hit the ground running. Providing clear guidance and dedicated focus to overcome marketing challenges, and achieve goals. Relieving the stress and freeing valuable time to focus on what you want.
What an Outsourced CMO does
- An Outsourced CMO integrates into your team to provide the level of strategic expertise, guidance, mentoring, and advising needed
- Implement strategies, tactics, best practices, technology, and training to gain and keep a competitive advantage
- Provide a new perspective of the big-picture with deep insight to sieze new opportunities and make the most of existing programs
- Devise and implement strategies for short and long term planning, to drive sustainable growth
- Dedicated executive leadership that provides the focus, support and guidance needed to accelerate profitable growth
When to Outsource CMO Services
- Lack of strategic marketing plan and objectives
- Marketing is viewed as supplemental, rather than a primary driver of sales and revenue growth
- Temporary need for marketing expertise to fill a vacant position or execute an important project
- Difficulty with market positioning and developing a strong competitive advantage
- Poor Return on Marketing Investment (RoMI)
- Marketing efforts generate sporadic results
Outsourced CMO Service Engagements
We have designed our Outsourced CMO service engagements to be scalable and deliver the right level of help for your organization’s goals and needs. Our work is structured to fit your needs, not the other way around. Each of our Outsourced CMO engagements provides a cost effective solution that eliminates employment expenses and liabilities associated with staff.
All of the benefits of a dedicated CMO for a fraction of the cost
- Companies looking to generate substantial growth, become market leaders, and optimize their brand perception
- SMBs looking to expand into new markets or become market leaders
- Venture funded startups that must accelerate growth
- Long-term planning and sustainability
- Visionary leaders that need help commercializing their ideas
Goal specific Outsourced CMO services to get the job done right!
- Assistance with filling a vacated position
- Completion of critical strategic marketing projects
- Launching a new business, brand, or product
- SMBs looking to expand into new markets or become market leaders
- Recovering from sharp downturns, declining revenues, detrimental incident
- Large digital marketing projects (websites, automation systems, virtual communities)
Access to CMO caliber marketing expertise as needed
- Lack of quarterly or annual planning
- Assistance with strategy development (not implementation)
- Fully functional marketing departments reporting to CEO / COO
- Business seeking acquisition (a profitable exit strategy)
- Lack of executive caliber analytics
Virtual CMO Services
Executive marketing expertise regardless of your location
- Startups or Solopreneurs that do not have facilities
- Organizations that operate remotely
- Businesses located in rural areas or overpriced markets
- Organizations with tight budget limitations
An emergency responder to resuscitate growth and sustainability
- Venture capital or other acquisition of a struggling organization
- Three or more consecutive quarters of declining revenues
- Recovery after a devistating event (Pandemic, The Great Resession)
- Response to dramatic changes in market conditions (competition, regulations, etc.)
Learn to think like a CMO and develop strategic marketing skills
- Executives that want to think like a Chief Marketing Officer
- Marketing management that needs to gain advanced strategic marketing skills
- Hands-on executives that want help doing major strategic marketing projects themselves
- Mentoring and skills development for the marketing or management team
How an Outsourced CMO Works
Tap the expertise of an Outsourced CMO to gain the help you need for your business with one of the five CMO engagements we offer. Each is designed to fill a common void with the most effective, yet efficient approach.
Continual (Part-Time) Outsourced CMO
One of our Outsourced CMOs will integrate into your executive team as a dedicated marketing executive on a part-time schedule.
- Develop and implement highly-effective strategies to make your vision and goals realities
- Optimize every component of the marketing function
- Conduct weekly department meetings and monthly executive dashboard reviews
- Empower sales channels with knowledge and resources
- Establish performance baselines, budgets, and analytical dashboard with the right KPIs
- Identify and obtain resources needed to operate with extreme efficiency and improve RoMI
- Generate reliable growth and eliminate the concern and frustration caused by marketing experimentation
- Optimize Return on Marketing Investment (RoMI) for profitable revenue growth
- Eliminate marketing from your list of responsibilities
- Accelerate the journey to achieving your vision and Realizing Full Potential
- Make the most of the marketing function and your resources with proven tactics, innovative technology, and development of skills and capabilities
Interim (Temporary) Outsourced CMO
Add an Outsourced CMO on an temporary basis to complete critical projects. The Interim CMO engagement is goal focused, the engagement ends when the goal is accomplished.
- Utilize our expertise for one time projects
- Temporarily fill a vacated CMO position while seeking a full-time replacement
- Develop and implement a marketing plan
- Lead development of new products or take new products to market
- Manage development and implementation of a website, virtual community, or mobile app
- Conduct market research and analysis to assess new market opportunities and viability
- Almost any strategic marketing or large digital project
- Seemless integration of individual projects with the existing marketing function
- Instant access to high caliber marketing expertise that reduces downtime and hassles
- Efficient, cost effective “only pay for what you use” access to a marketing CMO
- Rest assured projects will be completed at a superior level of quality
- Resolve challenges that are limiting growth and goal attainment
On-Demand (Advisory) Outsourced CMO
Gain a trusted advisor that is available when you need them. Have an Astute Fractional CMO on speed dial to easily tap the mind of a marketing expert.
- Quarterly and Annual planning
- Monthly progress meetings with analytics review
- Availability for questions, advice, recommendations
- Ideation and strategy development sessions
- Gain dedicated focus and support for long term goals
- Fill gaps in strategic planning for marketing
- Advice from an unbiased seasoned expert offering a fresh perspective
Virtual CMO (vCMO) Outsourced CMO
Add a high-caliber marketing executive to your business, regardless of where its located or other physical limitations. We eliminate physical limitations to help your business generate substantial growth.
Get all of the key benefits of a CMO at a reduced cost. Eliminate travel, equipment, and office space expenses.
- Dedicated schedule like a part-time staff member
- Weekly meeting with marketing team
- Manage projects
- Assess campaigns and content
- Monthly meeting and and Astute Analytics™ reporting to chief executive
- Resource management including processes, people, and technology
- Comprehensive analytics to validate the Return on Marketing Investment we provide
- Highly effective leadership and strategic planning
- Reduce cost for Outsourced CMO services
- Generate a profitable return on marketing
- Development of a marketing system for sustained growth
Recovery (Turnaround) Outsourced CMO
Just as extreme health concerns require a highly skilled surgeon, struggling organizations require a highly skilled marketing executive. In these situations every moment is critical, one wrong move could mean fatal consequences. Therefore, you want someone with extensive experience, training, and knowledge to step in and quickly turn things around. Our Recovery CMO services are designed to generate improvement within 90 days.
- 90 Day emergency response marketing plan
- Focus on target markets that yield highest returns
- Implement tools to optimize efficiency
- Pause or eliminate poor performing campaigns, offerings, and resources
- Save your business and increase sustainability
- Start growing again within 90 days
- Develop a lean and highly-effective marketing system
- Learn what mistakes not to make again
Please be aware – Recovery CMO services will only be provided once a thorough assessment of your business is conducted by an Astute CMO. It is our duty to determine the likelihood of recovery, rather than accept a new client to increase our revenues.
Why an Outsourced CMO?
Most small and mid-sized businesses (SMBs) have the demand nor the budget for a full-time CMO. However, they need strategic marketing guidance and executive-caliber expertise to establish a competitive advantage. One that enables them to effectively compete, create profitable growth, and achieve goals.
Our Outsourced CMO Services provide the executive caliber marketing expertise and leadership needed to seize and maintain a strong competitive advantage. Add a pro to your team in the capacity that fits best with your needs, and forget about your marketing challenges.
More Than a Consultant
An Astute Group Outsourced CMO is much more than a consultant. They become a part of your leadership team, providing executive-level marketing expertise while taking a vested interest in achieving your goals.
This engagement results in a dedicated leader pulling together all aspects of marketing to reach your overall goals. They lead the charge and manage your resources, department, 3rd party service providers. As well as implement proven tactics and develop efficient and highly effective practices to unleash the power of marketing and help your business realize full potential.
CMO Outsourcing Insight – Outsource CMO
What is an Outsourced CMO?
An Outsourced CMO (Outsourced Chief Marketing Officer) is an experienced senior marketing executive that provides their exertise as a service. They offer a CMO as a Service to help businesses with strategic planning, executive leadership, and marketing expertise to navigate the best route for profitable growth.
What are the benefits of CMO outsourcing ?
CMO outsourcing has gained greater acceptance over the past decade. The role of the CMO has come under great scrutiny according to CNBC. The tenure of a CMO is the shortest of any C-level executive. As companies are transitioning their expectations for a CMO, they have found that outsourcing enables them to try CMOs with varying experience, skills and mindsets, to determine which is the right fit for their needs.
CMO outsourcing is a very cost effective approach to reaping the benefits of a Chief Marketing Officer. An Outsourced CMO is not an actual employee of the company, therefore expenses such as benefits and taxes are not incurred.
What does it cost to Outsource CMO services?
The cost to outsource CMO services can vary greatly. The cost is dependent upon three variables
- Size of organization
- Public Corporation
- Mid Market company ($51mm or greater)
- Small Business (Under $50mm)
- Marketing Director
- Marketing VP
- Chief Marketing Officer (CMO)
- Size of organization
- Education and Certification
- Accomplishments and Awards
For example, a Marketing VP with at least five years of experience at a mid-market company will bill somewhere between $250 to $400 an hour on average.
While an actual CMO with Fortune 500 experience can charge between $600 to $1,000 an hour. Keep in mind they are accustomed to big budgets and spend your money generously.
What you want to make sure to stay clear of is someone that lacks significant experience as a senior marketing executive claiming to offer Outsourced CMO services.
Will outsourcing CMO services help my business
Frankly, any business that wants to achieve its full growth potential and optimize its brand value would benefit from Outsourcing CMO services.
- Lack of a strategic marketing leader that understands the company vision, and can develop and implement a strategic plan to make it a reality
- Operate without a documented strategic marketing plan that identifies goals and spells out how to achieve them
- Market by trial and error, executing random campaigns and returning inconsistent results
- Lack a big-picture perspective and understanding of industry trends, market conditions, limiting growth and expansion
- Still utilizing archaic marketing and sales practices
Fractional CMO Services - Strategic Marketing Expertise
Fractional CMO Services are available in: